Table of Contents:
- What is the Now Support Portal?
- Who uses the Now Support portal?
- Guided tour of the Now Support portal
- Common tasks and useful features
- Download the Now Support mobile app
What is the Now Support (HI) portal?
The Now Support (HI) portal is your launchpad to access self-help, technical support, and manage your ServiceNow instances. Users can create and manage ServiceNow cases, manage upgrades, follow changes, view knowledge content, and more. You can also download the Now Support mobile app to access most of our services anytime, anywhere.
- Resource: Tips for getting started with Now Support
- Watch: Introduction to the Now Support portal
Who uses the Now Support portal?
If you are responsible for managing, monitoring, and/or maintaining your company’s ServiceNow instance(s), then you’ll likely use the Now Support portal. ServiceNow Customer Administrators are the gatekeepers and manage their companies' Now Support users. Administrators can then add or remove other users, such as developers, architects, and partners. What you can do within the portal will vary based on your role.
Anyone, even those without Now Support login credentials, can visit the public Now Support page for popular troubleshooting articles, community solutions, and help from Ask Kodi®, the Now Virtual Agent.
Guided tour of the Now Support portal
The better you know the Now Support portal, the faster you can find answers and move cases forward. But first, you’ll need to log in using your Now Support credentials (if you’re having trouble logging in, this guide will help). When you log in to Now Support for the first time, you’ll have the option to take a guided tour of the portal’s key features and functionality.
- Tip: If you miss the tour, you can always access it on any page by selecting “How to Use Now Support” from the drop-down menu under your username.
- Watch: Navigating the Now Support portal
The Now Support Homepage
Log in and explore these key features on the Now Support portal homepage:
- Now Support Portal Homepage: Click the ServiceNow logo to return to the portal homepage at any time.
- Search: Search for cases, changes, problems, and self-help content from across the Now Support ecosystem, including product documentation, the developer portal, knowledge base, and Now Community.
- User Menu: Click your name to view/update your user profile, get help using Now Support, log out of your account, and more. Note: Options may vary depending on your role.
- Navigator Menu: Use the left-hand navigation menu to access key pages on the Now Support portal.
- News and Updates: Move through the carousel to see news and updates from the Now Support team and ServiceNow.
- Get Help: The Get Help page provides links to videos, knowledge base articles, and known errors. You can also post a question to the Now Community or open a case without leaving the portal.
- Needs Attention: This widget will alert you to items that require your attention like your password expiring or upgrade tasks that require you to take action.
- Active Cases: Displays the three most recently updated active cases. Click View all for the complete list.
- Active Change Requests: Displays the three most recently updated active change requests. Click View all for the complete list.
- PA & Reporting: Get quick access to performance analytics dashboards, scorecards, and reports, which will open in new tabs.
- Featured Catalog Requests: Access featured service catalog items that enable you to complete key admin tasks and workflows without opening a case.
- Feedback: The right navigation menu is accessible from anywhere on the portal. Click the Feedback button to rate your Now Support experience and provide us valuable feedback. Your input helps us make Now Support better!
- Now Community: Visit the Now Community site to ask questions and engage with your peers (opens in a new window).
- Submit a Case: Create a case from anywhere in the portal by clicking on the Case folder icon.
- Real Availability: Real Availability provides the real production availability data of your production instance for the last 90 days. You can access availability data on non-production instances by clicking View all.
- Ask Kodi®: Chat with Kodi, our Now Support Virtual Agent, to get answers, status updates, and help finding relevant self-help content (available on every page).
Common tasks and useful features
These are some of the most common tasks you’ll perform in Now Support, as well as some useful features to help you find your away around the portal and get help quickly. Click to learn more about each:
- Roles and Responsibilities of Customer Administrators on Now Support (HI)
- Create and manage Now Support users
- Manage, review, and update company contacts
- View and manage issues
- Set notification preferences
- Reset a password
- Find and activate plugins using the Plugin Store
- Complete self-service tasks using the Service Catalog
- Upgrade instances to a new ServiceNow release
- Get help from Ask Kodi, the Now Virtual Agent
- Best practices for working with Technical Support
Download the Now Support mobile app
The Now Support mobile app gives you the freedom to create, track, and resolve cases, and log in quickly with facial recognition or touch ID. You can fulfill self-service requests, view knowledge articles, move cases forward, and get help from Ask Kodi, the Now Virtual Agent—anytime, anywhere. Available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Watch: Getting started with the Now Support mobile application
Enterprise customers, please see Now Support (HI) portal reference guide for Customers