Window title is incorrect (%nom - Portal de services) on Portal when using non-English languages
Steps to Reproduce
- Log into OOTB Paris Patch 1 Hot Fix 3
- Install plugin I18N: French - Canada Translations
- Logout and login again
- Switch language to French
- Open a Catalog Item (e.g. Apple IPad 3) from Portal:
Issue: The title at the top (window/tab) is incorrect "%nom - Portal de services"
- Switch language for example to Swedish
- Go to https://<<instancename>>.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=%2Fsp_page_list.do%3Fsysparm_query%3Ddynamic_title_structureISNOTEMPTY%26sysparm_first_row%3D1%26sysparm_view%3D
- The 'Dynamic page title' field seems to have the correct value. However IF you double click on the dynamic filed you will see that the value actually is translated from %name to %Namn (swedish for Name)
- Change the dynamic value while you have swedish settings to %name. -> save
- The browser tabs shows correct information.
The problem is closed as "Working as expected" with the reason:
SP page record has dynamic_page_title field of type translated text. Value of this could be a static text or a variable or combination of both. In all cases sp back end code will try to get its translated text. Now in this case value is %name which is a reference to the variable.
When translation plugin is activated (in this case French-Canada) translations infra is creating an entry for %name as %nom. Ideally it should create with same name (somewhere its finding the translation of %name as %nom since name is too generic value).
Either translated text %nom created in this case should be deleted or create a more specific variable name something like %sc_cat_item_name instead of simple %name.
Related Problem: PRB1442472