Viewing the sc_req_item list may hang until the user transaction times out. This occurs when a sc_req_item is associated with a flow that calls and an action or subflow with an input of type choice that is driven by the stage column on table sc_req_item. The issue does not happen consistently, only when the associated flow needs to be recompiled-- i.e. the flow or one of its dependents has been altered and reactivated or a new release has been installed, etc.
Steps to Reproduce
1. In a paris instance commit the attached update set. (Adds service catalog flow "stage choice flow" and associateds it with "Apple Ipad 3")
2. Order an Applie Ipad 3 (maintain items > open apple ipad 3 > click try it)
3. Navigate to sc_req_item.list and observe that it loads correctly.
(note that the sys_hub_flow row has differing latest_snapshot and master_snapshot meaning the flow does not need to be recompiled)
4. Now open flow designer and change the flow "stage choice flow" by altering the message in the log action. Activate the flow.
(note that the sys_hub_flow row has the same latest_snapshot and master_snapshot meaning the flow DOES need to be recompiled)
5. Navigate to sc_req_item.list and observe that the page never loads due to an infinite loop loading the stage column.
For a Quebec instance use import update set "sys_remote_update_set_DEF0163472_QUEBEC.xml" and order item "Office Keys". This update set has an action with a stage choice input, rather than a subflow.
Change the subflow input to type String instead of Choice backed by sc_req_item.stage. A Choice not backed by sc_req_item.stage will also work as expected.
Related Problem: PRB1441449