- Unable to close the "sctasks" created by "Client software distribution" manually.
Release or Environment
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in to the instance
- Open the catalog task with assignment group as 'Client Software Distribution Administrators'
- Change the "Assignment Group" and "Assigned to" values
- Click on "Close Task" UI action.
- Check the state of the task where it again changes to open by some mid server
- "Automation - Sensors" is an OOB Business rule which runs on the ECC queue table.
- All jobs run via a MID Server, and some that don't, pass messages via the ECC Queue table [ecc_queue]. The Agent Correlator field [agent_correlator] is used by code to keep track of the originating job.
- If the "agent_correlator" starts with "rba.", that is for Orchestration and it will be taken by the "Automation - Sensors" business rule.
- The sctasks are related to the Client software distribution. These tasks get created when there is some issue on performing the actions like adding the user or a device to SCCM collection.
- If a user wants to close these tasks manually, then they need to be part of the Client Software Distribution Administrators with necessary roles "sn_client_sf_dist.csd_admin" or they need to cancel the request.
- 'Task' is the parent table of all task-type records in the system. It is the parent of REQ, RITM, and SCTASK.
- When you order a catalog item, the system generates a single RITM record for each item in the cart at the time you order.
- These RITM records are all grouped underneath a parent REQ record.
- Depending on your workflow, you might also have SCTASK records that get generated as children of a RITM record.
- Please refer the below articles for more information