- How to apply the Cloud Catalog Item field validation based on navigation buttons (Next/Back) ?
Release or Environment
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log in to the instance
- Navigate to the Cloud User Portal
- Launch any Catalog Item by clicking on "Launch a stack"
- Select an item from the list and click on "Launch"
- Do not fill the mandatory fields on "General Info" tab
- Click on "Next" or "Provision" tab
- It can be observed that users will be able to freely click on the "Next" button or the "Provision" tab without filling the mandatory fields.
- Below OOB widget, Cloud Catalog Item Wizard is used in general.
- For any Catalog Item, there exists two tabs "General Info" and "Provision".
- Restrictions are not imposed OOB on the "Next" or "Back" options to navigate to and fro, even though the mandatory fields are left empty.
- This is by design, the Mandatory check script will execute only upon clicking the "Submit" button but not with in the tabs (Next/Back).
- If the business requirement is to impose restrictions on "Next" or "Back", customers can create a custom "Catalog Client Script" or the "Catalog UI Policy" either at the Catalog item level or at the "Variable Sets" level.