- Non-admin users are unable to update or modify the Social Q&A records.
- The issue is happening is for the knowledge manager who should be able to modify the Q&A.
- If the admins are able to modify the social Q&A records and non-admins cant, check for any ACL's which are failing
- Check for the Read AcL on the kb_social_qa_answer table if it's failing
- This read ACL calls the script include " SocialQACommon ' which queries if the users have the read access to the social Q&A records.
- Since these Q&A records are associated with a knowledge base ' Social Q&A ', need to check if the user has read access to the knowledge base and activate the knowledge base.
- The admin users still can view the inactivate records while non-admin cant, so the knowledge base needs to be active even if the user has the right role.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE :
- hop into the Affected instance
- Impersonate any of the users with knowledge_manage role
- Navigate to kb_social_qa_answer table
- The users will not be able to read or modify the records there