License workbench page is loading up empty, post upgrade to Paris.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Log into the instance
2. Navigate to "https://<instancename>.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=%2F$sam.ui%23%2Fdomain%2Fundefined%2Fall"
- The latest results from "samp_publisher_result" table is responsible for showing up tiles with information on license workbench homepage. If we group the records with "latest = true", you would see the results are available only for one domain.
- URL to access the latest "samp_publisher_result" records below
- If we choose a particular domain from domain picker on License workbench, we would see the licensing information.
- There are scenarios when domain does not show up in domain picker on license workbench.
- In license workbench, domain information is loaded from "loadDomains()" function in the "dataLoader.js" script (SAM-UI is the repository).
- With in "loadDomains()", a REST call is made to fetch the domains from "alm_domain_asset_process_setting" table.
- Platform REST API, by default returns maximum of 10000 records. If there are multiple domains in the domain settings (alm_domain_asset_process_setting) page on the instance, it generally loads the top 10000 records sorted in order of domain name.
- For all domains to show up in license workbench domain picker, multiple requests have to be made to "alm_domain_asset_process_setting" table with pagination which involves code changes.
- Workaround is to point the license workbench application module to point to directly to the URL of the domain where the data for the license workbench is available as below.
- The other workaround is, from the list of all available domains in the "alm_domain_asset_process_setting" table, look for the ones with "run asset process = true" and remove the other domains.
- While following the second workaround, ensure you are not clicking on "Refresh Domains" once records are deleted as this action would bring back all domains to "alm_domain_asset_process_setting" page which will reflect in license workbench.
This problem is currently under review. You can contact ServiceNow Technical Support or subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form to be notified when more information will become available.
Related Problem: PRB1423379