- Azure Cloud discovery failed to update VM/Resource data.
- While running azure discovery the virtual machines and the resources in a cloud account datacenter were not captured in CMDB.
- Go to cloud management => Service account
- Click on 'Discover Datacenters'
- Under the Logical datacenter tab, Go to a Datacenter and no data shown in the tab of the virtual machine.
6. One could find the below error -
Identifier: validation error: cmdb_ci_cloud_service_account: missing mandatory fields: XXXX,XXXX
Release or Environment
- Testing azurecli with command az vm list --subscription <<SubscriptionID>>
- If the above command returns an error then the issue is with missing data for fields as mentioned in the error.
- If the above command retrieves the Virtual Machines , then the issue is due to mis-configuration of table 'cmdb_ci_cloud_service_account' dictionary.
- If the issues is with missing data for fields as mentioned in the error then make sure to update the service account with required fields.
Example : AccountID,Name etc.
- If the issue is due to mis-configuration of table , review the OOB fields and note only AccoundID,Name are mandatory fields for this table.
- Correct mandatory as false, if custom fields or fields mentioned in the error are marked as mandatory apart from OOB.