If there is a reference field with dictionary attribute ref_ac_display_value=false set, it does not shows the display value of the corresponding table when a user manually types a keyword and select the result in Agent Workspace. Instead it will show the chosen value where the "display" is not set to true however upon saving the form, it will then correctly show the display value
Steps to Reproduce
- Modify the "Name" dictionary entry from the sys_user table and set the "Display" to true
2. Modify the "Caller" dictionary entry from the incident table and set the attribute to
3. Open an existing incident record or create a new incident record and in the Caller field, type in Beth Anglin then select it and noticed the Caller field is displaying correctly as "Beth Anglin" which is the Name column where "Display Value" is set to true from the sys user table
4. Repeat step 3 in Agent Workspace and noticed after selecting the user from the auto complete, it will display "Beth" in the Caller field but after saving the form, it will correctly display as "Beth Anglin"
5. Remove the dictionary attribute "ref_ac_display_value=false" from the Caller field and repeat step 4 and noticed this works as expected
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of this problem, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Related Problem: PRB1420574