Sometimes, out of the box Discovery Dashboard homepage layout does not fit in the screen. You would need to scroll all the way to the right to see the graphs properly.
See example below and notice the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the page that allow you to scroll to the right. This should not be there if your widgets are fit into the screen.
Release or Environment
Out of the box, Discovery Dashboard homepage contains Active Discovery Errors widget. This widget has short message field where it display the error message from a discovery run. The error message might contain a long and no-space text from the piece of code it throws the error. When this happened, the widget will be extended automatically and no longer fit into the screen.
The easiest solution would be to remove the short message field from the Active Discovery Errors widget.
Perform the following steps:
- Go to one of the record inside this Active Discovery Errors widget.
- Right click the short message field and select Configure Dictionary.
- In the sys_dictionary page, check the related lists "Attributes" tab and observe the "No truncate" entry. The value should be "true".
- Change the value of this attribute to "false" and this will truncate the text with default value of 40.
- You can adjust the text length through the property "glide.ui.list_chars".