- While starting the MID Server Service from start.bat , sometimes the below error is seen.
- Unable to install the ServiceNow MID Server_XXXX - The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
Release or Environment
- The error refers to a syntax error in the configuration.
- Consider below example , where the wrapper.name contains a special character '/'.
- Thus an exception is thrown at the run time.
- To resolve this issue , consider giving a name without special character to the wrapper.name.
- Replace the special character with its unicode equivalent , in this case for '/' it is /
- The service will start without throwing the exception and the wrapper.override file will reflect the special character instead of the unicode.