Customer is using the Jira Spokes to integrate CSM with Jira.Their flow to create issues works fine, except when they try to create an issue in a specific project in Jira, because the "/createMeta" Endpoint used in the Step "Get All Fields" of the action "Create Issue" returns a response that exceeds the response limit.
According to Atlassian, this is a known problem of this Endpoint, as it can return a lot of data. Atlassian is planning to remove this Endpoint in the future
1. Can we increase the Response limit above 11078473 and how?
2. Is ServiceNow planning on adjusting the Jira Spoke Action "Create Issue" to not use /createMeta anymore as Atlassian is planning to remove the Endpoint?
Steps to reproduce:
1. Login to ***** instance
2. Open Flow "******** - Jira: Create Issue" in Flow Designer
3. Use "Test" UI Action
4. Select "Test" as a trigger record
5. Open the flow execution
6. Notice that "Create Issue" returns an error at Step 2 "Get All Fields":
Response size exceeds limit, allowed :5242880 actual size: 11078473
Release or Environment
1) Can we increase the Response limit above 11078473 and how?
Customer needs to add glide.pf.rest.response_payload_max_size property in thei sys_properties as below
->In filter navigator, type sys_properties.list to open the properties table
->Click on New
->In the Name field - Enter glide.pf.rest.response_payload_max_size
->In the type select Integer
-> In Value enter 10, The value set here is in MB.
Note: that docs says,this system property supports a maximum value of 10 MB. If expected response is more than 10MB, suggestion is to copy the Jira Spoke action "Create Issue" and make use of "save as attachment" section.
-> Glide Property "glide.pf.rest.response_payload_max_size" needs to be given in KB. If value given in the property is less than 5120KB, max limit number in error message defaults to 5242880.Customer can give the max value of 10 MB i.e 10240KB.
2)Is ServiceNow planning on adjusting the Jira Spoke Action "Create Issue" to not use /createMeta anymore as Atlassian is planning to remove the Endpoint?
- There is no plan to modify the action removing it.