Is there a way to create a port scan discovery schedule that will ONLY scan for certificates? More generally is there a way to disable discovery for everything except certificates scanning?
Release or Environment
- New Feature in Orlando Version
- Discovery schedule is scanning all the port probes networks and updating all the CMDB_CI records which is taking days to complete the discovery.
- we have created a new discovery behaviour and added a new discovery functionality of "https:tlsssl" and gave mid server name.
- Discovery Functionality defines what each MID Server in this behavior must do, specifically which protocols to detect.
- we have enabled the tls_ssl_certs port probe and make sure it is active
- we have created functionality criteria which should scan only certificates and the functionality should be active.
- we have ran the discovery to check if it is scanning only tls_ssl certificates.
- It is been observed that it has ran the discovery according to the functionality behaviour i.e. scanned only certificates.
- we also tried to ran the discovery by disabling the discovery functionality criteria which should scan all the port probes CI's with certificates and it has worked as expected.
- Discovery scanned all port probes when functionality set to "false"