- Sometimes there is a requirement to get a csv file which charset is UTF-8 BOM for user management.
- Some international characters such as Korean are broken:
- ServiceNow does not support Byte order mark also known as BOM
- As the unicode website states, the use of a BOM is neither required nor recommended for UTF-8. It can also lead to the next side effects:
- Files with no text are no longer empty as they always contain the BOM.
- Files with text that is within the ASCII subset of UTF-8 is no longer themselves ASCII because the BOM is not ASCII
- It makes some existing tools break down, and it can be impossible for users to replace such legacy tools.
- It is not feasible to concatenate several files because each file now has a BOM at the beginning.
Avoid the use of Byte order mark in your CSV files, especially for integration purposes or replace the BOM content if possible