Application services shown in Event Management Dashboard have incorrect impact. Even though the alerts have been closed, the status will not be changed back to "normal" state. You can see that there is inconsistency between the alert state in em_alert and em_alert_history table.
Steps to Reproduce
- Set the alert BR "Set update time" as not active.
- Create before BR that sleep for you 90 seconds. (on em_alert table).
- Create an event, which will create an alert automatically.
- Check that the created alert have created time in the past and updated time in the past.
- Check that the alert does NOT copied to the alert history table.
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
If you are not able to upgrade yet, you can use the following workaround:
- Navigate to Event Management properties and change the value of "Number of events to process in bulk during each event processing job" from 500 to 1
- Or from the sys_properties table, change the property "evt_mgmt.max_objs_in_alert_query" from 500 to 1
to fix current inconstancy that already created(dashboard shows closed alerts): run from "Scripts - Background" the attached script "emSupport-touchOpenAlertsHistory.txt"
Related Problem: PRB1391728