- Intermittently the workflow does not run even though the conditions are met
- Workflows on record insert are not triggered
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Create a workflow on [incident] table
- With the following conditions:
- short description "start with" "abcdef"
- assignment group "is" "Software"
- Enable OOB assignment rule "Database or Software"
- create an incident record, where the short description is "abcdef" and set the category to "software"
- notice that the newly created incident, the short description is "abcdef" and assignment group is "software"
intermittently the workflow we created does not launch
the workflow should launch all the time
- both the workflow engine and the assignment engine are Before engines.
- and based on the documentation "are not executed in any specific order"
- So this means that the workflow engine might evaluate the task record before the assignment rule assigns the group to the task
- and this is why the workflow is not firing
- you can do is defer the workflow after the DB operation.
- You can do that by checking off the "Run after bus. rules run" field on the workflow's properties (see image below).