As per the documentation Update Set Administration, Admin role is required for configuring update sets.
Non-Admin role users won't be able to configure update sets.
In order to have non-admin users to configure update sets, below are few suggestions/steps which can be tried in SUB-PROD instance though it is not documented
- Create a role for e.g. 'update_set_non_admin' to use for configuring update set for non-admin users
- Navigate to the 'sys_security_acl_role' table, and create 3 new records (create, read, and write), 1 for each of the 'sys_update_set' ACL's and assign this role 'update_set_non_admin'
- Assign this role to the dedicated non-admin user, and confirm they can retrieve update sets
- You may need to add this Role "update_set_non_admin" to the Application Menu 'System Update Sets'
- You may need to add this Role "update_set_non_admin" to any of the 'Modules' within this application menu that you wanted them to have access to (eg. 'Local Update Sets', 'Update Sources', etc.)
- You may need to add this Role "update_set_non_admin" to the read ACL's for any of the tables that correspond to these modules (eg. 'sys_update_xml', 'sys_update_log', 'sys_update_source', etc.)
- You may need to add this Role "update_set_non_admin" to the original 3 ACL's (create, read, and write) for the 'sys_update_set' table
Please note that the above examples may only be at high level and therefore require more customization from you.
Note : As the above steps are not documented, kindly test the steps on SUB-PROD instance thoroughly before making any changes to production