- The operational status field on the CMDB CI table is not getting updated when an asset status is updated to retired.
- Logically when an asset is set to retired state, it sets to install_sttaus, hardware_status, and Operational_status to retired. But here the same was not working.
- While reproducing this issue, we observed below error in system logs
ci_state_management : UNPRIORITIZED_OPS_STATE: Unprioritized operational state [Retired]
Failed to update Operational Status via business rule
ci_state_management: Failed to update Operational Status via business rule: no thrown error
ci_state_management : UNPRIORITIZED_OPS_STATE: Unprioritized operational state [Retired]: no thrown error
- We investigated this further and found that "Sync Ops Status for CMDB CI" business rule and some/all records on "statemgmt_ops_state_pri" tables are missing.
- In order to fix this issue, the attached files are imported on the impacted instance.
- The files contain "Sync Ops Status for CMDB CI" BR and configuration records on "statemgmt_ops_state_pri" table. After making these changes, the operational status is syncing without any issue. Below is the expected result.
- Note: This issue may happen for other status transitions as well so the above solution can be checked/validated.