Global Search does not work for the sc_cat_item table after upgrading to New York or Orlando when optimized upgrade was disabled. That means, any of the following system properties exists in the instance and was set to false:
This can affect any functionality that uses text search on the sc_cat_item table such as Service Portal search and Global Search in the UI Platform.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Disable optimized upgrade. Set to false any of the following system properties:
2. Upgrade from New York to a higher New York version or Orlando
3. Try the Global Search from /sc_cat_item.list (use the "text for" field).
No records are found. If the search is using any of the fields, for example name, then the records are displayed.
This problem is currently under review. You can contact ServiceNow Technical Support or subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form to be notified when more information will become available.
As workaround, Generate the Text Index for the sc_cat_item table.
If this is not a Production instance you can go to:
1. Go to /ts_configuration.do?sys_id=160f32827320330003da83a9fdf6a701
2. Click "Generate Text Index"
Please notice this will take some time. For any question, please create a case for Support.
Related Problem: PRB1403471