The way the NUP license is designed within SAMP is that it is allocated to the database instance, so reconciliation is aware of which metric to license (NUP or Proc).
Here is an example of how the logic would work
- Oracle Instance: Capital_development
- Runs on Device: Server-WS1 (# of processors = 2, # of cores per processor = 3)
- User CAL record for Capital_development: 125
- Allocation on Capital_development: 100 rights
- Software Model Metric Attribute: Minimum users per processor (25)
- The number of rights needed for Capital_development = Max (Minimum users per processor * # of cores , User CAL) = Max (25*6, 125) = 150 rights
- Since the allocation is also on Capital_development, it will take the Max of the allocation on the oracle instance (100) and # of rights needed for that instance (150) = 150.