- There were a lot of events pending and delays in email generation in the sys_email table.
- Event Management triggers the new incident and each incident has an alert which has task sla and then it has workflows.
- For every hour, it created 1000+ new incidents for which task sla + workflows.
- As a result, all their core functionalities, making use of events processing (including email processing, etc.,) are impacted.
- For example, Events pending 3393016 - POP3 Status Processed 0 emails.
- Check with the internal Event Management team on how to sort this out and of course this depends on the scenario if it's within organization or from ServiceNow team.