The MID Server fails to detect glibc version when it is running on Ubuntu 14.04+ in New York. Specific to New York Patch 8, with glibc detection failure, MID Server can fail to upgrade.
The MID Server will log a MID Server issue for incompatible glibC version and prevent upgrade. This is due to new ServiceNow OpenJRE 1.8.0_231-sncmid1 which has a minimum JRE version requirement to be 2.12 on a Linux host.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install a MID Server on an Ubuntu host (any version lower than New York patch 8).
- Auto upgrade will start once the ServiceNow instance is upgraded to New York patch 8.
- Auto upgrade will not be able to figure out the glibC version and therefore will fail the upgrade process.
- A MID Server issue will be logged.
- You can continue to use the MID Server.
The workaround is to wait for the New York patch 9 (issue is specific to Ubuntu).
You can also manually upgrade the MID Server by downloading from the ServiceNow instance. For more information, see KB0713557.
Related Problem: PRB1351473