We notice business rules are not triggered after upgrading to Orlando.
Steps to reproduce:
- provision Orlando instance (no domain separation plugin)
- create a business rule, on insert, on [incident] table, use script gs.info("#### Hello World");
- and populate a value other than "global" on the "sys_domain" field
- notice how it does not run
- whereas if you create the same business rule in a previous version it worked
Release or Environment
Orlando and newer
- due to fixes by PRB1347170 (The getMyGroups() does not work as expected in Domain-separated instance) & PRB1349187 (Domain-separated business rules do not get cached properly)
- The changes to make sure that only business rules run from global domain when the table is not domain separated for both query() and queryNoDomain()
- The purpose of this article to let developers know how even without domain separation, how adding another value than "global" on the domain field could impact them
- Also if the domain separation plugin is not active, please do not populate the [sys_domain] field
- you could change the value of the [sys_domain] field to "global"
- or to revert back to previous behavior by setting the following property to false
- glide.sys.domain.skip_non_global_businessrule_if_nodomain ; type true|false ; set: false