The data policy engine complains about fields should be read-only, invalid insert
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- create a data policy on the table [incident], no condition
- create the data policy rule for field "description" set to read-only.
- open new form on incident, set the description field with the follow script in the console
- g_form.setValues("description","Some Text");
- submit the form
We get an invalid insert, where before it would work
Release or Environment
New York and above
- The change in behavior to your upgrade above New York is actually a fix to a PRB
- PRB1314728 - Modified DataPolicyManager.java to handle Null pointer exception that results in incorrect processing of the valid data policies when the glide element is passed as null.
- What you were experiencing before was a bug
- When viewing session debug on the previous instance, when the data policy engine runs we get a Null Pointer Exception:
log20:04:06.102: Error running script engine: java.lang.NullPointerException:
- a most likely cause for the NPE is a data policy rule that is using a field that does not exist