While performing Easy Excel import on any table anyone can encounter below issues.
- Some fields are missing in Easy Excel template. (or)
- Fields are exists in Excel template but failed to update the target table. Below error message can be thrown.
The following fields have been ignored, because they don't exist on the destination table: Summary, Status, Severity, Assigned to
- Non admin user's are able to export the Excel Template but failed to update the target table fields.
Release or Environment
Points to verify if any field missing in Easy import Excel template (or) failed to update the target table fields using easy excel import.
- Check if the sys_dictionary entry of problematic field is set to Ready-Only. Ready only fields won't be exported in Easy Excel template.
- Check the user who is performing Easy import is having access to the problematic table field and rule out the access control issue.
- Impersonate with the problematic user, Open the problematic table record and try to edit the problematic field manually.
- Check if you see below sample error message while performing easy import.The following fields have been ignored, because they don't exist on the destination table: Summary, Status, Severity, Assigned to
- As per the system behaviour non admin user's don't have access to perform easy excel import and this will be controlled by "Import" UI context menu with the below admin role condition.gs.hasRole('admin') && !ListProperties.isRelatedList() && !ListProperties.isRefList()
- Inorder to allow Easy import option to non admin users, If anyone added the custom role in UI context menu then make sure that custom role is added to the Write ACL's defined for sys_dictionary entry of problematic fields, if not system will throw error message [The following fields have been ignored, because they don't exist on the destination table ] .