When we use option transfer case in HR cases, the record is actually getting transferred but the number field remains same. Steps are as in below,
Steps to Reproduce:
- Impersonate as any HR user.
- Go to All HR Cases and try to create one.
- Upon the case creation click on "Transfer case".
- We can see a dialog box that renders the type of transfer.
- Choose the "transfer case with new number", we can see the new case number is created with the same old case number but with a different sys_id.
Release or Environment
Any Instance where HR application is installed
Custom Business rule has set the Number again to the transferred case number which has the following code,
current.number = current.transferred_from.number;
Consider checking all the artifacts available related to the Transfer case Functionality to be OOTB,
- StandardCaseTransfer - Script Include.
- hr_TransferCase - Script Include,
- HR Transfer case configurations, check whether they are OOTB
- hr_TemplateUtils - Script Include.
- Transfer Case, UI action
- Check the "Task" field dictionary setting and found to be similar to OOTB,
- Check all the before Insert Business rules running on sn_hr_core_case table and check if there are any custom code which is setting the number back to the same number.
- Deactivate the custom code that sets the HR case number.