When a table has a field having at least 2 identical display values, a box report which is built on this table and group by this field throws error when rendering.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Activate plugin GRC: Risk Management to bring in the table sn_risk_risk (also reproducible on any other table)
2. Go to sn_risk_definition table and click on any record, eg. Loss of Confidentiality
3. In the sn_risk_definition record, from context menu do an 'Insert and Stay' to create duplicate record with same name
4. Now go to Create Report module and select table as sn_risk_risk, Type as from Other - Box Report and Group By as 'Risk Statement' and Additional Group By as 'Inherent ALE' and Run
5. Observer ERROR: Cannot generate the report. Chart series summary generation failed null
There is no workaround.
Related Problem: PRB1384815