Any field that is added to the readonly list of the standard change properties, for example Type, and is not set within the template, does not keep its value and a message is shown stating that the field has been modified.
Steps to Reproduce
- On Standard Change Properties screen, add Type field to 'List of fields that cannot be altered on a Change Request created from a Standard Change Template':
2. Create a new Standard Change. Navigate to Change->Create New-> Select Standard Change from Interceptor:
3. Select 'Network Standard Changes'->'Add network switch to datacenter cabinet':
4. On header of Change for, right click and select 'save'
5. On Change form, change Assignment Group and click Save.
6. Receive error messages:
Fields Type populated from a Standard Change Template cannot be modified.
Type cannot be changed to standard for Change Requests
- Open the Business Rule "Restrict Fields from Standard Change" that runs on Change Request Table.
- Untick the option to run on Insert, so the business rule only runs on Update
- Save the Business Rule
- Go to [sys_update_xml] and find the record created for the above update and delete it so that the next upgrade will not consider this business rule to be customized
Related Problem: PRB1381213