NOTE: This issue, as well as the troubleshooting details, are covered by the vendor (Solarwinds) on the following external knowledge article:
When attempting to connect with Solarwinds integration, the following error is thrown in the third party application:
In addition, searching for the SolarWinds Alert Integration app in ServiceNow returns no results, despite it being apparently installed:
Causes can be:
- An incorrect installation of the SolarWinds Alert Integration app from the ServiceNow store.
- TLS1.1 and lower connections are no longer accepted. Note that TLS 1.2 does not support Orion deployment NPM 12.1.
Verify connectivity to ServiceNow by visiting the following URL:
- https://[INSTANCE NAME].service-now.com/x_sow_intapp_connection_test.do
- If connectivity to ServiceNow is okay, the results should look something like:
If the connection to ServiceNow is okay:
- Uninstall the SolarWinds Alert Integration app in ServiceNow.
- Reinstall the application as an administrator.
If Orion is on NPM 12.1 or NPM 12.2, upgrade to the minimum supported version which is NPM 12.3, as it connects via TLS1.2.