Status is not refresh in the incident/ritm child when the parent change if both forms are open at same time.
Steps to Reproduce
Followed the steps on NewYork instance
1. Open any incident record
2. Go to the Configure > Form Layout >
3. Add the "Problem" field from Available to Selected field.
4. Add the "Problem.Problem State" field from Available to Selected field.
5. Save the form
6. Go to problem.list and pick an of the Problem which is "New" state
7. Go to the incident for and Associate a Problem record which is "New" state in the "Problem" field on the incident form
8. Save the incident form.
9. Open the Incident record in one window
10. Open the Problem ticket which is associated in incident in another window
Keep both the windows parallel
11. Go to the Problem record and click on "Asses"
12. State of the problem record will change from "New" to "Asses"
13. Go to the incident form and check if the "Problem.Problem State" field state is changed automatically.
14. Refresh the incident form and now you should be able to see the "Problem.Problem State" field state is changed.
Actual behavior: Incident form is not reflecting the "Problem.Problem State" state, Need to refresh the incident form to see the actual state.
Expected behavior: Incident form reflects the "Problem.Problem State" state as soon as the state is changed on Problem ticket.
This issue is not specific to Incident and problem table, this issue also happens with other tables.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Customer Support.
Related Problem: PRB1364509