When customers need Service Now assistance to restore the lost data, we require a separate team to handle and it involves effort. Service Now supports restoring data only for Production instance due to this very reason. In case, if there was a dataloss scenario on any sub-production or demo instances we do not follow the dataloss process.
Below are few of the techniques that the customer can follow:
- Use the Rollback and Recovery tool to restore the data.
- Use the Undelete option.
- You can follow KB0748445 to debug and restore the data yourselves.
- You can perform a clone from their Production instance.
- You can use the Instance Restore Service catalog from HI portal.
Below are the ITIL best practices that we recommend all our customers to follow before making any significant changes to the PROD instance.
1. Perform a full clone in any of your Sub-Prod instance from your PROD instance.
2. Mandatorily test all the changes in the Sub-Prod instance and validate the results.
3. Once you are happy with the results, the same activity can be performed in the PROD without any amendments.
4. If there is a deviation in the Change plan for PROD instance, please start from Step 1.
Release or Environment
More information on using the Instance Copy tool can be found in Restoring an Instance with the HI Service Catalog.