The 'cmdb_ci_cloud_database' status does not get updated after the Stack provisioning, even through the respective DataBase instance is up and running.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Navigate to Cloud Admin Portal.
2. Create a new Cloud Catalog Item, Source should be "Cloud Template" and Template Type "CloudFormation Template".
3. Use the attached template "AWS RDS MySql Template.txt" to create the Cloud Template. Save the Cloud Template and Activate it.
4. Click the "Active" checkbox to mark your Cloud Catalog Item as Active.
5. Navigate to Cloud User Portal and launch a stack using the above created Cloud Catalog Item.
6. Upon successful provision click on "View Stack Details. Notice for the DBInstance (cmdb_ci_cloud_instance) captured, the status is empty, not updated and greyed out, but on AWS the DataBase instance shows up and running.
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of the issue, and the cost and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or near future releases. We do not make this decision lightly, and we apologise for any inconvenience.
As the current design does not support Discovery for this type of CI, you can download and apply the attached update set AWS cloud database status in a dev instance to test if it can be an acceptable solution.
Related Problem: PRB1376212