- Discovery on an SNMP device updates a CI Name based on a Property glide.discovery.hostname.snmp_trusted
- SNMP is trusted hostname source: If set to true, trust the device name discovered via SNMP. If checked, any device name found via SNMP is used instead of the name found by a reverse DNS lookup.
- But sometimes even if the above property is set to false, Discovery updates a CI with SNMP sysName.
- Issue identification :
- Verify property 'glide.discovery.hostname.snmp_trusted' under "sys_properties" and should be false by default.
- Execute a Discovery on an SNMP device and observe SNMP sysName.
- CI updated with SNMP SysName.
Release or Environment
- Shazzam input confirms that dns is unresolved.
- Discovery is unable to fetch DNS Name of the device.
- Thus it will fall back to SNMP sysName even though the property 'glide.discovery.hostname.snmp_trusted' is set to false.
- Enable DNS port for the device in question.
- Execute a Discovery on the same device and confirm dns is resolved from Shazzam input.
- CI updated with DNS Name.