A bar chart report that is grouped and stacked by different values fails to render when there is no data to display. If the report is configured to only group by a value then the chart will render in its empty state with the message "No data to display".
Steps to Reproduce
1. Create a Bar report on a table which does not have any data.
2. Select a group by and stack by value
3. Save the report and add it to the workspace.
4. The widget keeps on loading, change stack by value to None and save the report again.
5. Refresh the widget on workspace and it will load properly.
API does not send any response in case bar report has stack by value and there is no data.
This problem has been fixed. There is no workaround available. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB1381016