1. We need to ensure that we have the integration hub plugin install.
2. Install the Jira Spoke.
- Go to plugin > Click find in store > Search for Jira spoke
- Open the Jira Spoke application HERE
3. Click Get
- Note: When requesting this app for sub production instance it is free, but if you are requesting this for your production instance you will have to buy the subscription.
4. Click View Request, enter your instance name, and click Request.
5. After you have purchased an app or requested a trial, you can install it directly on your selected ServiceNow instances.
- Note: Trial apps can only be installed on non-production instances. Purchased apps can be installed on any instance.
To install the application on pre Madrid instances:
- Log in to the ServiceNow instance on which app is entitled to install.
- Navigate to System Applications > Applications
- For Kingston release or before, click the Downloads tab. For London release, click the Not Installed tab.
- Locate the app and click Install. Your app is automatically installed onto your instance.
To install the application from Madrid onwards:
- Log in to the ServiceNow instance on which you want to install the app.
- Navigate to System Applications > All Available Applications > All.
- Search for the app you want to install.
- Click on Install. Your app is automatically installed onto your instance.
6. On your instance you should see something like below:
- Note: Please note that there are some other plugins that have to be pre-install as the Jira Spoke is dependent on them. They are:
- Integration - External Authentication Framework
7. Click Install
8. Once it is done, you can go to all applications, type jira and see if the spoke is correctly installed.
9. You can use the documentation on Jira spoke to understand the requirement to create a Jira account.
10. Create an API token using the documentation from Atlassian on API tokens.
- Note: It might not be possible to generate API token for Atlassian On-prem instances. Refer to the article HERE.
11. Create the Credential Profile
- Navigate to Integration Hub > Connections & Credentials > Credentials > New > Basic Auth and create a new credential profile. See an example below:
- Note: You can ignore putting the alias
12. Create a Connection profile
- Navigate to Integration Hub > Connections & Connections> New. See example below:
13. Check the Connection and Credential Alias and see if the Connection profile is correctly associated to the Alias. See the below example:
14. Please ensure that you clear cache of your instance after this set up.
15. Your Jira Spoke is ready to be used.