If a particular user has their timezone set to IST, the activity stream on any applet does not show up for them.
If the system's timezone is set to IST, none of the users are able to see activity stream on any record, getting the error: 'Could not load the document'.
Steps to Reproduce
The issue occurs in New York and Madrid instances:
- Activate the IST timezone choice (you can go to a user record> configure dictionary for timezone field and under the choices mark IST as inactive> false)
- Set ITIL users timezone as IST
- Log in to the mobile app as ITIL user
- Go to any incident (you can use the all active incidents applet)
- Go to the activity stream section
- set the system time zone to IST from system properties> basic configuration UI 16 module on the platform
- login as any user and open an incident from any applet (or any other record that has an activity stream associated)
- go to the activity stream
Observed: No data is shown and an error message appears: 'Could not load the document'.
The workaround consists of changing the value of IST to Asia/Kolkata in the sys_choice table:
- Search for "sys_choice.list" in your filter navigator.
- Search for the label "IST".
- Verify the first result should be a record with the label and value equal to "IST".
- Open that particular record and change the value from "IST "to "Asia/Kolkata".
- If this does not work, manually update the affected user records to use the updated IST timezone.
Related Problem: PRB1370203