In Service Portal, order-guides (sc_cat_item_guide) can be ordered as catalog item request without attaching any included-items in the request by removing the '_guide' from the URL.
Steps to Reproduce
- Open the OOB Order Guide - "New Hire" - in Service Portal: /sp?id=sc_cat_item_guide&sys_id=6690750f4f7b4200086eeed18110c761
- Notice, there is no 'Order/Submit' button available on the order-guide page to submit the request
- Remove the '_guide' word from the URL and press enter, it will be redirected to /sp?id=sc_cat_item&sys_id=6690750f4f7b4200086eeed18110c761
- Notice the page contains the 'Order Now/Submit' button
- Pressing the 'Order Now/Submit' button will create a service request (sc_request) without any specifically included cat-items attached with the Order Guide
Expected behavior: Order Guides are not supposed to be ordered without including the catalog item(s)
Current behavior: The order guide can be submitted as a catalog item without having any workflows associated with the request.
This issue has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1375881