- Some of the decommissioned devices are showing in unlicensed install.
- Ideally, it is expected behavior that the "Decommissioned Devices" should be removed from the "Software Installs".
- This URL gives the list of "Software Installs" which were present on "Decommissioned" devices.
Release or Environment
- There is Business rule Remove Installs For Retired/Stolen CI on Computer [cmdb_ci_computer] table.
- This removes the records from Software Installation [cmdb_sam_sw_install] table based on the following conditions:
current.hardware_status == 'retired' || current.hardware_status == 'stolen' || current.install_status == 7 || current.install_status == 8
3. Here is the URL for the Business Rule: https://<Instance_Name>.service-now.com/nav_to.do?uri=sys_script.do?sys_id=6799623353530300b77dddeeff7b129f
4. In one of the customer instance, there is Sys Choice 'Decommission' added to install_status, which is a custom one. https://<Instance_Name>.service-now.com/sys_choice_list.do?sysparm_query=name%3Dcmdb_ci%5EelementSTARTSWITHinstall_status
5. Because of this custom choice, the business rule did not trigger.
6. So corresponding software installs are not deleted from Software Installation [cmdb_sam_sw_install] and the decommissioned devices are showing In the "Unlicensed Install" table.
- Navigate to "System Choice" with the help of below link:
2. Check the value of the "Demomissioned" field.
3. Change the business rule condition as below so that it will be triggered for "Decommissioned" devices:
current.hardware_status == 'retired' || current.hardware_status == 'stolen' || current.install_status == 7 || current.install_status == 8 || current.install_status == 15
This is for the CIs whose status would change to "Decommission" the next time.
For the existing CIs, you can use the script which is present in the business rule: Remove Installs For Retired/Stolen CI or contact Technical Support if you need assistance regarding this.