The following floating point or round off issues occur in the resource form, resource allocation workbench, allocation engine:
1. The resource plan 'Planned'/'Conf/Alloc'/'Total' values are showed in decimal values, such as '50.0000000004'.
2. The resource plan is unable to 'Confirm' or 'Allocated' because of the floating point issue at 'canAllocate' both in Form and Grid check (for example, '99.999999999996' < 100).
3. The resource grid will end up in infinite loop because of the floating point issue at 'while' condition in Even Spread.
4. In Resource Grid, valid values such as '.6' and '.8' are not considered when the property 'com.snc.resource_management.allocation_interval_minutes' is set to 12.
5. In instances where the decimal separator is comma and 'com.snc.resource_management.average_daily_fte' is set as '7,4', resource plans with FTE/Person days are not getting confirmed/allocated.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Set the system property "com.snc.resource_management.allocation_interval_minutes" to 12.
2. Create a User Resource Plan for a Project and dates (Sept 1st to Sept 7th, 2019) with 40 hours.
3. Confirm the resource plan.
4. Try to edit either planned / confirmed hours for resource plan in grid with 40.6 then hours showed will be 40.599999999996.
5. Observe, from either the Resource Grid or Form, the user cannot be confirmed showing the message 'User not available ...'.
6. Try to give either planned / confirmed hours for a resource plan in grid with 40.8 hours. An error will be showed.
This problem has been fixed. There is no workaround available. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.
Related Problem: PRB1358405