Various metric records which intermittently receive incorrect values. i.e the metric value record is the same as the previous metric value. When this occurs the one common factor is that the metric_instance record is created before the associated audit record.
Steps to Reproduce
(Creative way of ensuring audit record is created after metric) Steps to Reproduce:
- Add the column u_supplier string the incident table
- Create a field duration metric definition using the u_supplier field
- Create a new incident and populate the u_supplier field with 1
- Create a before business rule with the order 10001 which executes the following statement gs.sleep(15000);
- Amend the u_supplier field on the incident you created in step 3 to have a value of 2 and save record
After carefully considering the severity and frequency of this problem, and risk of attempting a fix, it has been decided to not address this issue in any current or future releases. We do not make these decisions lightly, and we apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions regarding this problem, contact ServiceNow Technical Support.
The workaround is to change the order of the "metrics events" business rule to run last (ie. 999).
Related Problem: PRB967408