In order to properly provision a VMware machine with ServiceNow Cloud Management, the following template items are required:
- All virtual machines templates must contain VMware Tools
- VMware Tools must be running on the VM
- The VM should have a reachable IP address.
- For Linux, the SSH port needs to be open
- For Windows, the RDP port needs to be open
- Ability to log into the VM using the infuse key and password. Cloud Management infuses a key and sets a password to use on the VM. This key allows ServiceNow to change the hostname, IP, and related items of the VM being provisioned.
- Guest Operation Manager operations must be allowed.