In the base system, only the default System Administrator (admin) user has the security_admin role. Some times, it is required to give security_admin role to some more users in the instance. This article describes the steps to provide security_admin role to the users in the instance.
Release or Environment
London and later releases
- Login to the instance with "System administrator" profile or with any user profile that already has security_admin role.
- Elevate the roles from little lock icon on the top right corner of the header.
- Go to sys_user.list and open the record of the selected user
- In the Roles related list, click on 'Edit'
- Add the security_admin role in the slushbucket and 'Save'
Note: If there are no users with security_admin role assigned in the instance, contact ServiceNow support.