The Collision between Manual Upgrade change request and Automated - system created change request.
There can be collisions between the Upgrade Change request when there are 2 active change requests - Once Manually created and one through Automated workflow.
The system rolls out automated change requests for Upgrades - through Quarterly Patching Program / End of Life support etc.
This communication will be sent across to customers with a minimum of 2 weeks ahead through change requests.
- When there is a Change request open through automated workflow for Instance Upgrade,
- The system prevents the creation of a Manual change request for Instance Upgrade.
- However - the inverse validation is not in place,
- i.e. When there is a manual change request created for Instance Upgrade,
- The system will still create an Automated Change for say EOL program.
- As we are not blocking a customer to create a manual change say - for Plugin Install etc for a period of 2 weeks.
Release or Environment
Hence, once the system automated communication for Upgrades due to EOL / QPP has been rolled out to the customer,
- The customer needs to act on the change - to reschedule/cancel the change to prevent the upgrade from happening.
- They can contact support for further assistance on it.
This will prevent conflicts and surprises on instance upgrade - when due to the above possible use-cases, both the manual change request and Automated change request are active for an Instance.