Unable to select or copy text from HTML field when made "read only" via UI policy.
Steps to Reproduce
[from New York release]
- On an existing catalog item(say Standard Laptop) create an HTML variable.
- Create a UI policy on the catalog item which sets the HTML variable to read-only in the "Requested Items"(Set "Applies on Requested Items" to true and "Applies on a Catalog Item view" to False)
- Navigate to the catalog item and "Try it". Submit the catalog item with some text filled in the HTML field.
- Navigate to the requested item you just created and check the variable editor.
- Try to select the HTML field value in the variable editor by clicking and dragging through the text.
Expected: The user should be able to copy the text by dragging through with mouse pointer
Actual behavior: The user is not able to select the text.
This used to work until Madrid release.
Workaround for NY:
Uninstall the sn-tinymce scoped app by going to "Plugins" and uninstalling it (sn-custom-tinymce-scoped-app) (you might need to activate/repair it first)
This will revert the html editor to what it used to be prior to NY (which has the select, copy, click functionality).
If you choose to go this route, then it is highly recommended in Orlando that you reinstall the plugin as it this issue will be fixed in sn-tinymce as well as other fixes that we will work on in Orlando onwards.
Related Problem: PRB1358401