When using the range selector to choose a specific time range to display on widgets, one extra month is displayed.
Selecting 3m in October (1st Jul - 1st Oct) would display any data that exists for July, August, September & all of October.
This affects all releases as it's related to a 3rd party charting library.
Steps to Reproduce
In a new instance:
- Run the data collector for incident "Number of open incidents" for the last 180 days
- Go to dashboards, and add a widget with the following field values:
- Indicator: Number of open incidents
- Type: Time series
- Visualization: Column chart
- Time Series: By month SUM
- Date Settings > Period: 3m
- Date Settings > Show date range selected: checked
Results are displayed for the previous 3 months as well as the current month.
This is a limitation of the charting library that we use (Highcharts) and does not fall under our internal development scope. The chart will display data for the 'cut-off' month as well as the three previous months.
A bug was filed with the developers but was later closed:
Related Problem: PRB624343