Extended fields are not available to dot-walk in the reporting slushbucket when clicking on the 'Choose columns' option for a List report.
In list reports or list views where some of the dot-walk fields are in non-scope tables, these can not expand, as the (+) is not visible unless the scope fields are expanded.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new report against the [task] table.
- On the Type tab, select 'List'.
- On the Configure tab, select "Choose columns".
- Notice that none of the extended table fields have an option to dot-walk. There is not [+] icon next to the field. They are even displayed in red. Here is an example with 'Problem [Incident]':
- Click on one of green field (reference field) to make the dot-walk icon appears between both lists above the 2 arrow icons < and >.
- Click on the dot-walk icon.
- At the top of the list, you should see 'Task fields' in blue.
- Double click on 'Task fields' to return to the previous fields you were viewing on the [task] table.
- Scroll down and notice that extended table fields now have the ability to dot-walk to them, the [+] icon next to the field is being displayed as well as the dot-walk icon between both lists above the 2 arrow icons < and >.
- Running the report might still not work even if the extended field is dot walked to in this way.
A List view can be used with dot walked extended fields on versions New York Patch 7 hot fix 1 or later.
Expand a dot walk field that are in scoped tables first, and then the sign (+) is visible for the non scoped tables.
Related Problem: PRB1336865