Extended fields aren't available to dot-walk in the reporting slushbucket when clicking on the 'Choose columns' option for a List report.
Steps to Reproduce
- Create a new report against the [task] table.
- On the Type tab, select 'List'.
- On the Configure tab, select "Choose columns".
- Notice that none of the extended table fields have an option to dot-walk. There is not [+] icon next to the field. They are even displayed in red. Here is an example with 'Problem [Incident]':
This behavior could not be reproduced in OOB instances. It could be due to customization or a missed upgrade on a particular instance, or a not fully known or documented design. If you are experiencing this problem, contact ServiceNow Technical Support
The following workaround can be applied:
- Click on one of green field (reference field) to make the dot-walk icon appears between both lists above the 2 arrow icons < and >.
- Click on the dot-walk icon.
- At the top of the list, you should see 'Task fields' in blue.
- Double click on 'Task fields' to return to the previous fields you were viewing on the [task] table.
- Scroll down and notice that extended table fields now have the ability to dot-walk to them, the [+] icon next to the field is being displayed as well as the dot-walk icon between both lists above the 2 arrow icons < and >.
Related Problem: PRB1336865