Outbound Web Service calls via MID Server fails with HTTP 500 and the following message can be seen in the MID Server Logs:
"Unable to decrypt parameter: soap_password, using encrypted value"
The message indicates that there is a mismatch between the Encryption keys on the instance and the MID Server.
Re-validating of the MID Server resolves the issue. Here are the steps:
On the host server which has the MID Server installed:
- Stop the MID Server service
- Delete the agent\keystore\agent_keystore.jks file, from the installation folder
- Start the MID Server service
From the Instance
- Open the MID Server record
- (If necessary, wait for the MID Server to be UP and then reload the form, so all the Related Links are shown)
- Click 'Validate' in the Related Links
The MID Server will now restart, and you should now be able to execute the Web Service call successfully.