If the value for a question is set as null, using a catalog client script, and if this variable/question is used in a record producer, the user will not be allowed to submit the record producer.
A browser console error is seen:
js_includes_sp_libs.jsx?v=...&c=... POST ...service-now.com/api/sn_sc/v1/servicecatalog/items/6d969728dbdfb300bcc2dbdb5e96195f/submit_producer 500 (Internal Server Error)
Steps to Reproduce
1) Create a variable set that contains a variable of type 'Single line text'.
2) Create an onLoad client script on the variable set that sets the value of this variable as 'null'.
3) Associate this variable set to a record producer.
4) Access the record producer in ServicePortal.
5) Click on 'Submit' without filling anything. The form is not submitted and no record gets created. A JS internal server error shows in the browser console.
This problem has been fixed. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In section to determine the latest version with a permanent fix your instance can be upgraded to.
As a workaround, in the onLoad catalog client script, set the value of the variable as empty string ('') instead of null.
Related Problem: PRB1356860