Certain project tasks imported from Microsoft Project are showing with WBS numbers different than in MS Project originally. This issue is seen after Microsoft Project 2019 June Update.
Steps to Reproduce
- Install Microsoft Project June Update.
- Create a new record in MS Project.
- Import the new project in the SN instance. Observe the WBS order in the imported project is not the same as the original one in MS Project.
This problem is under review and targeted to be fixed in a future release. To receive notifications when more information becomes available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of this form.
The workaround is the following:
- Open the project file in Microsoft Project.
- Save as a new file selecting a previous version like 2017 or 2013.
- Import the older version file in the SN instance.
Related Problem: PRB1358813