When creating a Guided tour on the service portal for a specific catalog item by providing the sys_id of the item in the 'Additional URL Parameters' field on the Guided Tour record, the Tour is not restricted to that Catalog Item but it can be seen under the 'Tours' menu item on any catalog item.
Steps to Reproduce
Issue is reproducible on London and Madrid instances.
1. On any London or Madrid instance, go to Embedded Help >> Guided Tour Desinger >> Guided Tours
2. Create a new Guided Tour with the following details
Name: Report Outage Guided Tour
Type: Service Portal
SP Portal: Service Portal (or the Name of the Service Portal in your instance)
SP Page: sc_cat_item
Additional URL Parameters: sys_id=38c1fc840a0a0b2700285921c2bf5fc8(Give the sys_id of the specific catalog item)
3. Hit Save
4. Click on Edit with Designer, create the guided tour steps as usual and publish it. With this step, you will complete creating the Guided Tour
5. Navigate to the service portal and open the catalog item for which the tour was created. The Tour created is available.
6. Navigate to any other catalog item on the portal.
Expected behavior - The guided tour should not be available under the Tours menu item.
Actual Behavior - The guided tour is still available.
This can cause issues if the Guided Tour is set to Auto Launch because now it will Auto Launch on any catalog item on the portal and for any other item where the tour was not intended, the tour will fail because it won't be able to find the required variables.
This issue is under review. To receive notifications when more information is available, subscribe to this Known Error article by clicking the Subscribe button at the top right of the article. If you are able to upgrade, review the Fixed In or Intended Fix Version fields to determine whether any versions have a planned or permanent fix.
Related Problem: PRB1335377